Share Your Story! with Voices of the Civil Rights Movement.
Your voice matters. Help us continue the dialogue and capture more stories from this historic era.
Grab your smartphone and share a memory from the movement, or reflect on how its legacy impacts you. Feel free to contribute your personal thoughts, or interview a loved one.
Please keep video recordings to under two minutes, and photos and text narratives are also welcome. Select submissions will be featured within the Voices of the Civil Rights Movement website, Facebook and Twitter pages.
- Share Your Story! in words with a picture or a video.
- Write a story about a memory from the civil rights movement, or about someone who has lived it or was touched by it.
- To post a picture,select the picture from your photo gallery or use the camera on your phone. Go into your camera settings and check to make sure you are shooting at maximum resolution.
- For recording a video, use your phone camera or a webcam. Keep your video recordings to under two minutes.
- Take a look at some of the sample stories shown on the right.
A grateful teacher - I'm a U.S history teacher and I'm so glad I have the privilege to teach my students about the civil rights ...
Mother's Momories - I just want to share some discussions that I had with my mother about the Civil Rights Moment. Many of our d...
Love, Art and Activism - The grandson of Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis reflects on what he learned about the civil rights movement fr...